Thu, Sep 23, 2021
OPEN ACCESS
Volume 4, Issue 1 (JANUARY 2005)                   Payesh 2005, 4(1): 29-38 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Sadighi J, Vahdani Nia MS, Khodabandeh A, Jarvandi F. Cervical cancer: Knowledge of women and the effect of educational materials. Payesh. 2005; 4 (1) :29-38
URL: http://payeshjournal.ir/article-1-785-en.html
Abstract:   (5429 Views)
Objective(s): To investigate about women’s knowledge on cervical cancer and to examine the effect of educational materials on their knowledge.
Methods: This was an interventional study conducted in Tehran. 66 subjects were selected by non-random sampling (Convenience) method from patients attending a gynecologic clinic. Data were collected by 2 questionnaires (Before and after study). Data on knowledge were related to: Prevalence, risk factors, symptoms and prevention of cervical cancer before the study commence. Then, the subjects received the educational materials and replied to another questionnaire.
Results: The mean age of the respondents was 38.8 years (SD=±10.7). Before the intervention 44% of women knew nothing about cervical cancer and the remaining (56%) had poor knowledge. 38% of women did not know Pap smear and 58.5% of women who knew pap smear did not know the correct time for the test. After intervention; Knowledge of women (70-77%) was increased about cervical cancer, risk factors, disease signs and Pap smear; And 97% recommended this educational materials to others.
Conclusion: Study findings indicate that educational interventions for increasing knowledge of women is effective and might have an important role for decreasing incidence of the disease.
Full-Text [PDF 176 kb]   (1875 Downloads)    
type of study: Research | Subject: Medical
Accepted: 2018/11/28 | Published: 2005/01/15

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2021 All Rights Reserved | Payesh (Health Monitor)

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb